May 15, 2009

Calling All Laker Fans: Let's Go Back to the Old School Lakers Uniforms









As a rookie, Kobe Bryant once told Del Harris: Coach, I can post up anybody who's guarding me. If you just get me in there and clear it out, I can post up anybody.










For various reasons, Abdul-Jabbar and Johnson didn't start to develop a relationship off the floor until the 1983-'84 season.


The L.A. Lakers are a storied franchise. And the Lakers uniforms ought to reflect our glorious, championship-studded history. Like Chicago and Boston, L.A., I'd argue, is better off sticking to their old uniforms.

It's tradition. You just don't mess with tradition. The Los Angeles Dodgers and the Oakland Raiders have kept their uniforms basically intact.













I propose Los Angeles return to their throwback uniforms. The same jerseys worn by stand-out players such as Jerry West, Elgin Baylor, and Magic Johnson.

When watching games, these old school Lakers uniforms will provoke in fans a sense of nostalgia, and remind them of their franchise's dominant history. The uniforms will also provide fans a sense of continuity from one era to the next.

Over the years, I’ve heard many a fan mention they liked the way the former Lakers uniforms looked. I couldn’t agree more. I love the streamlined, clean look.

If you believe it's time for a change, voice your thoughts by leaving a comment.



















This blog will be shown to Tim Harris, the Senior Vice President of Business Operations of the Los Angeles Lakers, who has been willing to listen to me about the possibility of the Lakers wearing more pleasing-to-the-eye attire.

It can really happen. The Sixers are switching back to their old duds and logo, because a fan took action and had 130 Sixers fans sign his petition.



For the 2009 NFL season and beyond, the San Fransisco 49ers will be wearing new uniforms, which are reminiscent of their '80s era teams.

As you can see, teams are coming to their senses and returning to their roots. The Lakers can do the same.


17 comments:

  1. The current uniforms may be fine, but the old school uniforms DEFINITELY win out in this comparison!!! In fact it's not even close!!! As a kid who grew up watching SHOWTIME in the 80's, bringing back the old school uni's would not only spark nostalgia, but get some devoted fans back to buying more jerseys too!
    -sunup hwang

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see the old uniforms in lakers!
    looks MUCH better even the color wise. Don't know why they changed it. If it was just for a change there was too much risk. Bring back the old uniforms please~*

    Sejean

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes I definitely like the old gold Laker uniforms better than the current ones. I grew up watching the Lakers of the 80's and 90's, and those uniforms were the best in the league. My first game was as a seven-year old at the Forum in 1982...the rest is history. Going back to the old uniforms would be awesome (the tops, not the bottoms, haha). I'm curious to see what the players think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd definitely have to agree! Old school uniforms do look much better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the old uniforms are definitely cooler then the ones they wear now. I always hated the new uniforms ever since they were first introduced.
    -Mase

    ReplyDelete
  6. Purple on Gold or Gold on Purple only! Keep in pure and simple.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Couldn't agree more. The old style kit is so much cooler. Don't even get me started on the white kit...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I concur! - Dave

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please keep this going!!! Seeing the throwbacks two seasons ago (sans the damn short shorts) was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Old-school duds always seem cooler than new school...except for the short shorts. haha...

    --mike bresnahan, l.a. times

    ReplyDelete
  11. The old unis were WAY better than the current ones. Please Lakers please!! Bring back the uniforms worn from 1980-1999 with the purple #s outlined in white on the gold jersey. PLEASE ditch the white uniform.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I HATE the current Lakers jerseys so i'm refusing to purchase one. Have no clue what they were thinking when they decided to change them years ago. I still proudly wear my #73 Dennis Rodman Laker jersy. Really hope they go back to their old jerseys soon. Do it for Chick Hearn!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the old Lakers Jerseys. I was never really a fan of the new ones and I hate the white ones. Please bring the old ones and I'll even go as far as saying to bring back the yellow paint in the Key. It's always been yellow why the change?

    ReplyDelete
  14. WE NEED A BIG PETITION FOR BRINGING BACK THE OLD JERSEYS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. jim and jeanie buss bring back the old uniform full time. thats what the fans want.

      Delete